Fit in your workouts without anxiety
I have to be honest. Finding time to workout is one of my BIGGEST challenges…and I teach other people how to workout it for a living! So when a client or student tells me they didn’t have time to work out, I get it. I totally GET IT.
Obviously there is an entire conversation to be had around making it a priority, but today we’re going to chat about some hacks for getting yourself into your workout in the first place (because let’s be honest, that is the hardest part!).
Here are a few of our best tips for getting yourself on your mat / to the gym / out for a run without a tantrum:
* Take out the extra step of having to set up your workout space every day. Leave your exercise mat and equipment out somewhere that you can easily get to it. You’ll save yourself a good 5 minutes just in set-up time alone!
Bonus: your babies / kids will probably play with your equipment, buying you an extra few minutes of time when they are occupied with your bands and blankets.
* Set up alarms for yourself in your calendar. We love this one. Set as many alarms as you need, 15 minutes before, 1 hour before, 3 hours before (or all of them!) – whatever it takes to get yourself to show up. And then make a consequence if you didn’t show up. (Need consequence ideas? We have a lot. 🙂 )
* Get a friend to sign up for class with you. Or, if you’re in one of our courses, get them to join too and keep each other motivated with your progress. Not only will this give you an additional layer of accountability, you will both feel great in about 3 weeks. (Seriously, that’s all the time it takes to start feeling momentum forward!)
* Create a calendar in google docs and mark days that you have completed. Think: potty training sticker charts. They work for the kids, and be honest, marking off a little square of completion feels soooo good!
* Just lay on your mat. Seriously. 9 times out of 10, you’ll end up doing SOMETHING on that mat, even if it’s just stretching and 5-10 minutes of the course. You might even fall asleep. And that’s great too – you probably needed it. Something is always better than nothing!
Are you ready to have more guidance and accountability in your workouts? Definitely check out our Postpartum: Repair course in the virtual studio. Get ready for the sticker charts!